Hi,
I am wondering if there is a way to restrict access to Confluence and JIRA on demand to users on an office network?
Thanks,
Nicole
OnDemand Users
Submit a ticket with support.atlassian.com. THey will support this in certain circumstances.
----
Hosted Users
If you mean that you're hosting the tools in a publicly accessible areas, the use of a webserver acting as reverse proxy ( using nginx or apache) would be the most straight-forward way to limit access to a particular network segment. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+a+Web+Server, The Apache Allow - http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authz_host.html#allowdirective will allow you to specify a domain or IP range to allow traffic, and block all else.
Otherwise the global permissions would be the place to prevent "Anonymous" access, but the site would still be publicly available. (just no details visible)
Hi Nicole,
I am not exactly sure what you mean by restrict access, but the users will be able to use the system after successful login and the system admin has various ways to control who has login and who not.
Is that what you meant?
No, I mean blocking access to the application on a network level and only allowing access from our office network.
That's how I read you're question too, but interpetted hosted to mean locally hosted. I see you clarified for ondemand. You should be able to submit a ticket to support and have them do essentially the same thing. Cheers!
Thanks Eddie, but I thought that solutions like that we're only available if we were hosting confluence and JIRA ourselves. I really prefer it in the cloud for ease of use, but our security team is requiring us to lock it down.
I just asked OnDemand support and they can do it under certain circumstances. They encourage you to open a support ticket to see whether they can do it for you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.