I want to move Jira instance with SQL database from one instance to another instance on different server. So I am hoping to move all the Projects (everything including users) from source to destination server and merge with existing instance. I would like to know what would be the best way to do that and how will I merge SQL databases on two servers.
1. Re Jira instances so far my understanding is that the only way to back up these projects is by exporting Projects in XML using third party addons (like Project Configurator or Configuration manager etc.) and then import these into the destination. Is that correct?
2. I am not sure what is stored in Jira SQL database and what would be the way to move/merge it from source to destination server or will the addon take all the required database in XML file and it will be updated to the destination database automatically at the time of import.
Any assistance on this matter will be much appreciated.