We have a user who has left the company and has been marked as inactive via our Active Directory synchronization. As it turns out, before he left, he had charged time to the incorrect issue of a project, and we would like to change his time so that it is charged to the correct one. I am an Admin and I have the permission "Edit All Worklogs." When I attempt to move his hours to the correct issue, I am told "Error! The user does not have permission to log work on destination project" I have temporarily given his account the "Work On Issues" and "Edit Own Worklogs" permission. I have also given his account Jira software access via a group.
The problem clearly seems to be that the user is Inactive, and seemingly won't be able to utilize permissions or software access no matter what. As I said the user was created via synchronization with Active Directory, so I don't think I can manually Active the account.
Therefore, I would appreciate the answer to at least 1 of the following 2 questions:
1. Is there a way I can edit the user's worklogs despite him being inactive.
or
2. Is there a way I can desync the user from Active Directory so I can temporarily activate the account.