I'm currently at the point of integrating the automatic parsing of emails for logged issues, this is relatively straightforward with how it emails the customer with the issue created.
My problem is, the service desk I work with has 2 avenues for logged issues; emails and telephone.
2 key pieces of information I've noticed are:
- When an email is logged automatically, the reporter is the email address
- When a phone call is logged via Jira, the reporter is the agent
I can't figure out how to configure the manual logging process, so that the customer email address is the reporter so it subsequently allows me to utilise "Share with Customer" communication with said customer.
If it comes in via phone its as if you can only communicate via phone, not with the automated functionality. Has anyone configured manual logging of calls through jira to also be able to use automated emailing for Jira.
I've tried the following:
- setting the reporter from a text field via a workflow transition
- logging it manually using the same request type