Whenever I use the "Reply to customer" function the message does not arrive with the customer. Internal messaging with status updates do work.
Can somebody please point me to the settings for the external communications. Thank you!!
Hello @Alexander Busch
Have you reviewed the Customer Notification settings to ensure the notification is enabled for "Public comment added"? You would find this under the Project Settings for the service desk project.
Hi @Trudy P Claspill
Thank you for responding.
I have activated all of the Customer Notifications except "participant/organization added". They are all on green.
Do I have to alter settings in the Jira Core Settings?
You should not have to alter an JIRA Core settings for this. If internal messaging is getting through, then JIRA is configured correctly.
You should check with the part of your organization that manages email services in general to see if they can trace that the email to customers is making it to the central email server, and find out if it is getting blocked there.
You should also check with your customers and find out if
- they have any filters or rules set up on their individual email inboxes that might be automatically moving or deleting the emails, checking junk mail and quarantined messages folders.
- have them check within their own organizations to see if their own email services are blocking the incoming emails
Are any customers receiving any message from your JIRA system at all?
Thank you for your response. I have to describe the situation better.
Any issue status change is communcated to the issue creator.
Any form of comment or message that is being added to the case by the person taking responsibility for the isse/case is not being communcated.
So there is clear evidence that the email server channels are performing - there is nothing to search for there. Neither on our email server nor on the receipients´ email servers.
Just to make sure: I add the screenshot to double check we are talking about the same thing. It is in German language - but the increadible word "Kundenbenachrichtigungen" just means "Customer notifications". As you can see, I activated all of them but two.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.