Hi
I've redacted email addresses for privacy :-)
I have a BitBucket account linked to a personal email address {personal}@gmail.com. This therefore has an Atlassian account, and within it is the product "BitBucket".
I also have a Trello account, linked to a Google Account ({something@mydomain.com}) (log in is via Google SSO). Within the Atlassian account there is the product "Trello".
Because Trello has a different login to Bitbucket, I cannot remain logged in to both websites within the same browser; if I am logged into my BitBucket account and then log into Trello in another browser tab, my BitBucket account is switched to that under something@mydomain.com}) (where there is no BitBucket account).
I have tried to amend the email address within my Atlassian account for @{personal}@gmail.com (https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/email) but it errors stating I cannot change it to {something@mydomain.com} as a BitBucket account with that email already exists.
However, no BitBucket account exists for {something@mydomain.com} ; only a Trello account. If I try to log into BitBucket using Google SSO for {something@mydomain.com} I get "first time/welcome" page to complete the setup.
So there is no way, I can see, to 'cancel' the BitBcket account for {something@mydomain.com} so I can amend the email address in my active BitBucket account. I'm also unsure if even doing this will work given {something@mydomain.com} is via Google SSO.
Ultimately, I'd like my BitBucket account linked to the Google SSO of {something@mydomain.com} , so all my Atlassian products are under this same Google SSO account. And I can't figure out how to acheive this!
But, I don't want to have to transfer all repositories from the {personal}@gmail.com BitBucket account to to {something@mydomain.com} i as obviously that will break all of the remote URLs and cause various headaches. But is this the only option?
Oddly, I also have a Trello account which I can log in with {personal}@gmail.com -- but this does not appear as a Product within my Atlassian account for that email address (only Bitbucket) - but that's not a major problem as that trello account is unused.
I contacted Atlassian Support directly who stated they could not help due to my support eligibility, and directed me to post this in the forum. They mentioned:
"The instructions will be provided by our community team regarding how to basically merge the two accounts into a single profile under something@mydomain.com"
Any advice and help, most appreciated.
Thanks
Rob