I want to grant permission to an individual to Manage Watchers to his Space in Confluence. He cannot Add Watchers now.
The user will need the space admin permission to manage watchers on pages in his space. If you are the Confluence site-admin, you can go to the space, then Space Settings. Click on the Permissions tab and the Edit Permissions button (there are two, one to add groups, one to add individuals.)
... then what? I don't see anything that says anything about watchers.
I also do not see where one can enable permissions for "Manage Watchers". This is a useful feature to have for all users, not just admins.
Once a user has the space admin permission for a given space, they can add watchers to individual pages. It's not a separate permission; you must be a space admin to be able to add watchers.
From the individual page watchers management, you can also add or remove watchers on the entire space the page lives in.
It would be a lot nicer if this worked as it does in Jira, where it can be granted to anyone to have permission for modifying Watchers. I do not want to make people space admins just so they can assign watchers on documents.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.