Please don't refer me to the existing answers about API token for JIRA, I am asking about Confluence.
I have a user name, a password, I know the base URL.
I have installed the Python Atlassian API from https://pypi.org/project/atlassian-python-api/
Before 2020 I was able to simply do:
confluence = Confluence(
url = 'https://confluence.mydomain.com',
username = user_name,
password = pass_word)
Then I invoke:
self.confluence.update_page( page_id = '1234567', title = 'UI automation tests summary', body = page_content, parent_id = '8910111213', type = 'page', representation = 'storage', minor_edit = False)
This worked perfectly fine, but not any more.
When I look around in the community, to my understanding this logging method is not supported anymore I guess and instead, we should use the API token or some other methods, is this correct?
Note that our security team makes it mandatory now to obtain the Microsoft Authenticator token from mobile devices before you log into confluence "two-factor authentication - using Microsoft Authenticator".
Could this be the reason why my Python code is not working anymore? If yes then is there any possible workaround in this case.
Thank you