I have been trying to set up a rule that will insert a default value for a textarea/markdown field in a form if a user leaves it empty. I am using the 'Set value if empty' Action and have tried many different combinations of field names (including blank) and conditions to check. What I keep running into is this.
If I leave Execute only on user action unchecked, the rule functions, but also populates the form with the default '{color:red}<insert Bleh Bleh Bleh>{color}.
I would like to keep the field empty on the form and only input the default on submit of the form so the default value will get inserted into the description.
If I check Execute only on user action, the rule doesn't appear to function. The field is empty, and nothing gets placed into the description when the form is submitted, unless I track another field and do something with it and then it gets placed into the field before the form is submitted.
Is there a way to track the submit/register button in the rule? Is there another way to accomplish this? I was going to look into replacing the register button with an action button or something