Is there a way to change the configuration user for the Automation part in ServiceDesk? We have a user that is no longer with the company and the automation rule is assigned on his username. I would like to have the global setting set to myself but there is no other option in the drop down when I try to change. I can only modify the rules manually but I cannot modify all. I also updated the Project Lead to myself (it used to be under that user).
Hello Miriam,
Are you talking about the Run Rule As option that is a setting for each Service Desk Automation rule?
Can you provide a screen image of what you're viewing?
Hi Miriam,
Check out the Rule run options section of Atlassian's Automating your service desk documentation. You can choose to Run as the user who triggered the rule (under Project Settings > Automation > Options) or change the default Run as user (under Project Settings > Automation > Change default event user). Cheers!
Thank you so much, Trudy for the fast response! I was able to change the rules manually one by one, but there is the main configuration I would like to modify and change to myself. When I select the drop-down, it states no other options. I do not know where to override and/or modify the settings to allow myself as the option. I am an admin for the whole JIRA software and ServiceDesk.
Thank you so much, Joshua! I tried that exact thing (thank you for the direction and details)! It does not have another option to select another user, which is weird as I am an admin and the project lead in this project. So odd! Do you know if there is another setting somwhere?
It looks like you might be on Cloud. Try the following:
To change the default run-as user, go to Automation > Configuration (settigns icon). Make sure the person you choose has permission to perform all the actions that you might try to automate in all your rules.
From Advanced automation rule options. Cheers!
Thank you again, Josh! Yes, we are using the Cloud ServiceDesk.Its odd, I went through all of the rules and automation settings, and the user I am trying to remove, does not have access to the Project (I removed all linked rules and removed from the project). I still for some reason I am unable assign anyone else, my name is not even an option. This is very odd!
So the other option that I don't think was addressed and putting in my 5 cents for future searchers is changing the Automation Configuration User default.
Path:
Legacy Automation > Configuration icon > Search "Automation for JIra" > Save.
Now when you click and look at a rule you have the automation for Jira option.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.