Hi-I have been reading through some questions and answers but am unable to find solutions to either of my specific scenarios. Can you help me create the right JQL to find:
Thank you
This is not possible AFAIK. You will have to leverage an addon I think. For example Scriptrunner has the issueFieldMatch function which I think could achieve the goal.
Hi @Emily Uberti
Unfortunately, labels is one of the fields that cannot be searched with wildcards using out-of-the-box JIRA. If you have one of the scripting add-ons, you can do this. Just do a browser search for "JIRA label wildcard search" to see various examples, depending on your add-ons.
Best regards,
Bill
Thank you! We use scriptrunner so this query worked for the first ask. Now I will have to look into Bill's answer for narrowing down the query to only show when an issue has 2 or more labels with the same prefix.
I am still unable to find a solution to narrowing down my query to issues that have 2 or more labels associated to them. Current query I want to build off of if possible:
issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = TEST", labels, "OPP")
How do I now filter on the results to only show the issues that contain multiple labels?
Hi, @Emily Uberti
I haven't used ScriptRunner for a while, but you could probable make a counting function that the query accesses.
I don't have ScriptRunner now, so I just tried a work-around using automation rules, and I was able to easily count the labels (which are a list) using {{issue.labels.size}} If you are okay adding a custom field, it could trigger on label updates to count them, and then filter on the custom field.
I looked into this a bunch and it seems like something people have been asking about for a long time. It is such a common thing to need to do in a bug tracking system. I'm wondering why it wouldn't be on the radar to add this feature?
I agree. Using scriptrunner as suggested above, did work for finding all issues with partial labeling (ie. OPP) but I still have not found a great solution for only searching on issues that then have more than 1 label associated. Let me know if you come across anything in your research!
I have used about 11 different bug tracking systems and I've never come across one where you could not search on parts of a label or tag. It seems like a giant hole in the product. This is done all the time.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.