We'd like to use Jira Service Desk Cloud to log new service tickets in a next-gen project. We have a second project which is a classic business project, containing one issue for each of our company's machines in the field (~500). We want our agents to link all new service tickets to the machine ticket they affect. This way we can have watchers on those machines that can get notified. Those watchers might be account managers for instance.
I was surprised to learn that making a new link to an issue does not trigger an issue update so we can't leverage any built-in notification actions. Any workarounds there?
I built some automation which was tricky because the links can be made in either direction (from help ticket to machine or vice versa), necessitating logic like the following, which is very complicated. Furthermore, since we are linking from one project to another, we will have to enable this as a global rule rather than a project rule and there's a hard limit on the number of times you can run a global rule per month.
Any ideas would be appreciated. I just want to send an email to the assignee of a ticket whenever another ticket is linked to it. I'm trying not to use additional plugins but that is an option if necessary. Thanks for reading this far.
