Hi Community!
The way we have our Jira configured is a 2-layer architecture:
- Tier 1 (Jira Service Desk) - All requests come through here
- Tier 2 (several Jira Projects) - Each team in the company has a board
The way our flow works is my team triages all requests at the Tier 1 level. We then create new tasks on 1 or more Jira Projects (Tier 2) and link them to the parent (original request in Tier 1)
This has worked well and gives us the benefits of a Tier 1 / Tier 2 like experience. That said, I now want to automate Tier 1 requests that have several Tier 2 tasks that I always have to create. I'm very new to Jira, yet I suspect what I'm looking to do is something more advanced with "request types" through templating.
Put simply, what I'm looking to achieve to achieve is that when a new request type is created, it will automatically create a bundle of sub-tasks so I don't need to create them manually each time.
Appreciate the help and guidance.