Hi,
I have a question regarding Slack integration with Jira. Can I tag a person when leaving a comment on Jira via Slack?
Hi Donata,
Unfortunately because of the differing id's between Slack and Jira, I'm not aware of any integrations that allow you to easily tag someone. Jira Cloud's pre-bundled Slack connector does some authentication flows when you try to use it for the first time for this reason.
I would like to make sure we understand the case here though. To be clear, is the case that you're:
To be clear - this isn't currently possible to my knowledge. If that's somehow different than what you're hoping to do, I'd love to know to get the use-case documented!
Thanks,Daniel
@Daniel Eads I know this is an old post, but that is exactly the use case I am wondering about.Basically if someone tags me in jira, I get that notification in slack and use the integration to comment back, am I able to tag the jira user in my comment via slack?
Hi @Dylan McSparren , welcome to the Community!
Thanks for indicating you're interested in @mentioning Jira users from Slack. I've created API-450 on our public Jira to track this suggestion. Cheers!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.