I need to do a JSD demo and I need sample data to work from. Whats the fastest way to make this happen?
Hello Rob,
Thank you for reaching out to Community!
Since the new Jira experience was released in 2017, the ability to create projects with sample data was removed.
There is a feature suggesting the implementation of sample projects:
Currently, it's possible to create boards with sample data only.
If you want only tickets to work on a Service Desk project to test, then you can create this Sample board and bulk move the tickets to a Service Desk project but note that you will have to manually add the request type to each ticket after moving them, so it will be visible in the customer portal.
To create a sample board, click on the Search box > Boards > Create board.
Regards,Angélica
Thanks, but I need to set up a sample service desk for a demonstration with request groups, types, queues, SLAs, reports, etc, and i need it fast.
What you're suggesting will not address most of the needs I have, only a few issues, which will not have the critical info about request types, customers, participants, etc, and I need all of that to move forward.
Its unfortunate because I'm going to have to move forward using Server, which does not match the UI of Cloud.
When creating a brand new Jira Service Desk site and on the onboarding page it's selected that you never used Jira before, it usually creates a Demo project where it contains sample data for reports, for example.
This project is not available to create after that.
If you don't want to create a brand new Jira site for testing, you can check our product demo:
Thanks, but I need to perform a demonstration. I'll find a solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.