I am going testing to see if a project idea is feasible and can be supported using JIRA.
I want to do a pretty simple rest API call like the ones listed here:
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/basic-auth-for-rest-apis
However, since using a service account eats a license, I am trying to get oauth tokens to work.
I followed a couple of KBs and got the PHP example working:
https://bitbucket.org/atlassianlabs/atlassian-oauth-examples/src/master/php/
I am able to successfully generate:
oauth_token XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
oauth_token_secret XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
oauth_expires_in 157680000
oauth_session_handle XXXXXXXXXXXXX
oauth_authorization_expires_in 160272000
Which is pretty neat in itself!
Now all the "Examples" are using a java client from Atlassian, so I am a bit confused on what's next. From my use of tokens in the past, I could simply supply these in the POST header. But I cannot seem to find any documentation on that. Is this not the case?
I see a few github projects that help with this and PHP, but there is little documentation and dont seem really supported. Was hoping to get some further guidance. Thanks!