I'm experiencing an issue where when I use the date macro and the date is wrong for "yesterday" and "today." It is very confusing and causing issues with my teams. The issue occurs when I select today's date it shows it as "yesterday" when really it is "today." Is anyone else experiencing this and have a fix for it?
Hello @summer.hogan !
As I understand, the Date macro incorrectly displays the date if the selected date is the current day.
I tried to replicate that in my own test site with dummy content but it behaved as expected. Here are some screenshots:
Edit Mode (Selecting Date):
Edit Mode (Date Selected):
View Mode:
With this in mind, I would like to ask a few questions:
Would it be possible for you to share some screenshots of the behaviors that you are facing? Is the date macro the native Confluence Date picker or is it part of a third-party plugin?
When taking the screenshots, please be careful not to disclose any sensitive information with it. Here in our Community everyone can see everything.
Let us hear from you!
Hi @Diego
Thanks for answering my question. First, I'm not sure you are understanding my issue so let me explain further. First, I am using the date macro (see image #1). While trying to replicate the issue to take screenshots I discovered when I add the dates, they work fine. But when I add the action item checkbox next to the date and select yesterdays date, it displays the text "2 days ago" and when I select today's date it displays the text "Yesterday" and when I select tomorrow's date it displays the text "Today" (see images #2, #3, and #4). I hope this helps explain the issue.
Image #1 - Date macro
Image #2 - Select yesterdays date and displays "2 days ago" should be "yesterday"
Image #3 - Select today's date and displays "Yesterday" should be "today"
Image #4 - Select tomorrow's date and displays "Today" should be "tomorrow"
Were you able to replicate my issue? Please let me know as it is driving me a bit crazy!
Thanks,
Summer Hogan
Hi @summer.hogan
It looks like @Diego's original answer was marked as "answer accepted" even though it doesn't appear to help solve the issue - are you able to unaccept it? That may help to trigger a response from him.
We are having the exact same problem as you with the dates, fwiw. We have attributed this to being in the Eastern time zone and we're assuming Atlassian's servers are in Australia with their main offices.
Just curious - do you think this time zone theory could apply to you too? That could explain why Diego was unable to recreate it?
Bridget
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.