I'm using bitbucket pipelines and the email-notify plugin at:
https://bitbucket.org/atlassian/email-notify/src/master/
I have this working in a bitbucket pipeline as far as it goes. The intent here is to send emails to a mailing list/group/alias and not just the committer.
The documentation is however very quiet about a number of things. For example: when are emails sent? every build? build success? build failure? Only on state (fail/success) changes? How do we control this? Where is that documented?
I thought it only sent on build failure but that does not seem to be true. Also it would be very helpful if it was possible to send the same email content as is sent with the existing build failure email to the committer.
It would also be useful to have the build log available as an environment variable, a file, or really anything which it would be possible to include in the email. I realize we can do this by using redirection on the pipelines step script shell so this is not really a blocker, more of a usability issue.
In essence, we have a isolated email pipe without any way of integrating it to the build state (preferably only send emails on state change), the build log, the already styled and generated emails which are sent by bitbucket etc. I think this integration could use some more work.
If I had to choose one question I guess it would be: How do I send emails only on build failure?