I have a custom issue that I created (lets call it CFO Approval) that I would like to add to a new issue type (lets call it Software Acquisition).
I can go through the process of adding it to the default screen (which adds the field to all of the issue types in my Service Desk project) and then, using the "Applicable contexts" in the custom field configuration, limit it to only my custom issue type and specific project so that it will only appear on that combination.
This seems a bit sloppy though if i want to have different custom fields for each of the issue types in the project.
I have tried going the route of creating a new Field Configuration, Field Configuration Scheme, Screen, Screen Scheme, and Issue Type Screen Scheme but cannot figure out how to get the field to appear for my issue type this way. The whole process seems very convoluted and I cannot find any appropriate documentation on how to accomplish what I am trying to achieve.
It would seem as though this type of configuration would be commonly requested but it is not an intuitive process.
Can someone explain how I might go about accomplishing this or at least point me towards useful documentation regarding this subject?