I'm trying to use the automation action "Create Service Desk request" but get a red error message when I try to save. There's absolutely no info on what this means or how to resolve it. I tried hovering over it. Nothing. Has anyone seen this or does anyone know how to fix it?
Thanks!
Hello @JJ
Thank you for reaching out.
Checking a few details of the automation and executing some tests, I noticed that the automation for creating requests does not accept the summary field to be blank, even if you have added a default value in the request type.
To confirm if that's the case, please try the steps below:
Let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks! I unhid the field since it was hidden and I was setting the value on that screen. I couldn't get rid of the field though. It's required for the issue type. I tried making it unrequired and it broke the creation of linked issues so I set it back.
Anyway, your suggestion worked for the one request type. And when I tried it for the other two request types (which are the exact same issue type), I get the same red error message.
In the first request, I can add the value like you said because the Summary field appears as a required field I need to fill out. But it does NOT appear for the other request types. So I tried adding it in the advanced box and that didn't work either.
Help!
Thank you for your answer.
Can you confirm if there are any other required fields hidden for the request types where the error is happening?
I believe the same problem is happening in these two request types too, however, may be another field can be causing it. Can you check if that's the case?
Also, can you provide us with a print with the fields (Hidden and not hidden) of these request types?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.