Hi,
I'm trying to hide a field so others cannot edit the field. I've seen that I can edit the issue layout, but I am unsure about where to do that. I'm trying to edit it for a specific issue type on a classic project.
Here's the link I saw on how to hide a field. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view/
@nfarmerare you sure that we are talking about classic Jira project (not next-gen)? can you provide a screenshot where you "see only issue types"?
Hi @nfarmer
This option is under project settings - issue layout - edit layout
Issue Layout is not an option for me. I only see ‘Issue Types’
@Pavel Adamovich
@Pavel Adamovich Attached
@nfarmerok, this is classic but Service Desk project. No matter)
To hide a field in this type of a project just choose edit fields in a required request type (on the right side of your screenshot).
@Pavel Adamovich I don't care about hiding the fields in the customer portal, I want to hide it from everyone. I also don't use Request Types, I just assign the issue type directly.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.