We were doing an import for a customer, using a .csv file that was provided to us, which was an export from a different instance. In that .csv was a Creator field. At first, I thought it needed to be mapped to the Reporter field but then I saw a Reporter field in the .csv - so I thought "Creator must be a custom field". Therefore, we mapped Reporter to Reporter and Creator to the custom Creator field.
Looking at the list view of the imported issues I was shocked to see 2 Creator fields - the custom Creator field and system Creator field that had my name in it for every imported Issue.
I re-did the import steps to see if there was a system Creator field that we should have mapped "Creator" into, but the only Creator field I could see was the Custom Creator field. However, there were 2 Creator fields staring me in the face in the List view of the Issues.
Looking up "Creator", I read a Reporter was always considered to be the Creator of an Issue. Then Jira added a modification - if the name in the Reporter field was ever changed the original reporter name was copied into the Creator field.
- Am I correct about the origin of the Creator field?
- How do I map the csv's Creator field to a Jira Creator field I cannot see? It would seem that I cannot map to it.
Thanks For Your Inputs,
Jim