Hi all, I've got a third party app in Jira and one of its functions involves sending a notification related to Issues. It includes the typical fields but not the description. I expanded its jar file and found the email template. It was fairly easy to add ${issue.description} and the relevant html around it to have it spit out nicely in the generated emails. Only problem I've run into is where a given Issue's description makes use of markdown for links, bulleted lists, etc; these of course come out incorrect.
I dug around in the core template files found in WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/html/ since Jira's own issue reminders format the content correctly in email. I found the use of $issue.htmlDescription but I'm having difficulty determine what content needs to go into this file to actually let me make use of that. Obviously some other function must be called on the real issue.description, but what that is, or what other file I need to parse / include, I'm at a loss.
Would greatly appreciate any pointers.