I am trying to create a filter in Jira using an epic name so that I can then use that filter to pull the issues in an epic into a cofluence page. If I add the epic to confluence it only shows the link to the epic and not all the child issues. When I select Epic Name and then enter the name it says there are no issues but there are issues associated with it
@Stephanie Redmon Welcome to the community!
You would be using Epic Link in this case to get the list of all the child tickets of the Epic, below is a exmaple
"Epic Link" = TEST-123
hope this helps!
When I do that it just says no search results found. Maybe it's a bug? I've done it by link and by name and it just says no search results found even though the epic and issues in the epic exist.
I guess you dont have any issues under the epic, if you have any they should definitely show if you use this JQL.
Here is a link for the documentation on what is the difference between Epic Link and Epic Name - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/epic-name-vs-epic-link-779158632.html hope this would be useful.
I do have issues under the epic- 5 of them you can see in the below screenshot. I'm doing everything it says to do there is some sort of bug.
I'm on this thread because of the same issue. I'm returning Epic link ie. ABC-123, however, epic colour, name & status remain empty
Hey Stephanie!
I have similar situation. In my case something is wrong in Jira by linking to epics in different ways.
I have an epic "Epic-1" which includes four tasks. All linked by Epic Link. One of the tasks is further linked to another epic “Epic-2”, but by Issue Link.
If I make a query project = TKT AND "Epic Link" = Epic-1 I get three tickets as a result. That is wrong. When I delete the issue link with ticket Epic-2, I get four tickets.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.