Hello all,

A few days ago our locally installed Jira on Windows Server 64 bit stopped functioning (can't load the site). The last log that was written has the error: java.util.zip.zipexception: error in opening zip file.
I have backed up our old database, uninstalled and deleted Jira's folder then reinstalled Jira. If Jira uses the newly created database, Jira will load and try to set everything up normally. If i replace the new empty database with our original database, I get the same java error as before.
I have attempted to launch Jira with all of of the plugins disabled as per the troubleshooting instructions but then i get in command prompt "The Catalina_Home environment is not defined correctly".
I have found this link that says i need to set Catalina_Home but doesn't really explain what to do other than "Edit setenv.sh and set your CATALINA_HOME accordingly.". https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Off-topic-questions/The-CATALINA-HOME-environment-variable-is-not-defined-correctly/qaq-p/398487
This is the point where I am stuck. Am I on the right path? Seems like an odd thing to just stop functioning one day.