I am just wondering how to get the number of issues with certain condition(JQL). And I want to see those numbers in my dashboard. Please let me know what the easiest way to to it.
Thank you in advance.
Beomsoo
Hi @Beomsoo Cho - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I use the Filter Results gadget type in the Dashboard for this.
Also, you would use the Issue Statistics gadget which will do groupings for you.
Finally, we actually pay for an add-on called Gauge Gadgets Cloud. It's inexpensive and it gives up 3 new gadget types. Here's an example of one which just shows a number. We use it on several dozen different dashboards.
Hi Beomso,
You can create a filter with the specific JQL, save the filter (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/saving-your-search-as-a-filter-939938748.html) and then on the dashboard use this filter to show the issues which satisfy the JQL.
Regards,
Radhika
Note that this add-on is free for server instances.
@John Funk Thank you. "Issue Statistics gadget" works well. I'd love to use "Gauge gadget" as well. Would you let me know where to buy paid-gadgets?
Check for it under Marketplace Apps. Sounds like it is free for you because you are on Server according to Payne. That's a big plus and not reason not to use it. :-)
What gadget would I use to just show a count of the issues returned in a saved query?
I like dashboard gadgets that use rich filters - you get a lot more functionality over non-rich.
For example, the Rich Filter Smart Gauge can give aggregated totals (like issue count) based on a smart value (e.g., a status, an issue type, etc).
Only shortcoming is the gauges cannot be sorted in any manner.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.