Hi. I am testing out Service Desk (cloud) to see if it will be a good solution for our support team. Right now, I am having issues with emails creating tickets in the Service Desk Project. When I first set-up our project/process, we were able to get emails to generate a ticket. But ran into a problem because every response/reply in the email would generate a new ticket. I changed the settings in Customer Permissions & now no new tickets are created. I can see from the logs that the emails are getting to JIRA.
Some use case/usability requirements:
- emails to a specified address should create a new ticket in our Service Desk Project
- When people on that email reply or comment, it should not create another new ticket.
Background on our process & issue:
We use a google group/distribution list as the initial capture point from our customer/partner (e.g. partnernamesupport@ourcompany.com). All key stakeholders are members of that group/distribution list. We would initial emails to that DL to create a ticket. We originally accomplished that by just adding the default email account for the Service Desk Project to that distribution list. That created a problem where every time someone in the group commented on the thread, it created a new ticket in the project. We would like additional email comments to be added to the original ticket.
To test, I generated an email from one of my personal accounts (mike.l.pearson@outlook.com) to our google group/distribution list. The email address I sent from is specifically listed in the allowed domains list. That email successfully gets to the google account. And as you can see from the log, it gets to JIRA, but is rejected.
What do I need to do or which settings do I need to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated (screenshots below).




