I successfully setup transition date/time field, I thought.
but it's not showing time, only date.
How can I fix this?
I can see time on view screen(detail view of issue), but it's not showing on issue list or exported excel file.
The display of transition date/time fields respects your general JIRA settings for the display of dates (e.g. "created" field). You can change it in JIRA's advanced settings.
As for the Excel export, it's an old JIRA bug...
Thanks for your reply,
in my JIRA's advanced settings, I think it has no problem.
jira.date.picker.java.format: dd/MMM/yy
jira.date.picker.javascript.format: %d/%b/%y
jira.date.time.picker.javascript.format: %d/%b/%y %I:%M %p
jira.date.time.picker.java.format: dd/MMM/yy h:mm a
Could you please recommend change required for the settings?
edit/view screen (created date also with time)
image2016-10-4 10:23:20.png
issue list
image2016-10-4 10:23:7.png
I'm not sure what the problem is. As you can see, all date/time values, including for system fields, are shown as just the date in the issue navigator. That's a standard JIRA feature.
If you really need date and time, and you can live without sorting on that field (you can always display both versions), you can create a Calculated Text Field with the format you want.
Or you can raise a feature request on https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/9 for the Transition Date/time fields to support custom formatting for issue view and issue lists - I believe it could be implemented fairly easily (just like for the Calculated Date/time fields).
For the Excel export part of the problem, you will get better results using the Better Excel Exporter app integrated with Jira Misc Custom Fields.
It will export the date-time values precisely (to the seconds resolution) and you can even apply your own cell formatting to those values in Excel.
(Discl. I am developer of this paid app.)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.