How can you use the ftp-deploy pipe with SSL?
Hi @Marcel Izgin ,
Thank you for your question!
The best choice for your case might be sftp-deploy pipe.
You can follow steps from the deploy-using-scp guide but use sftp-deploy pipe instead.
Cheers,Alex
Hi Alex,
What I interpret from his question is that he means ftps, not sftp. The sftp pipeline isn't a solution for that.
I am myself wondering if this is possible as I'm currently getting an error that SSL is required. From what I see in the pipeline source, SSL is forced off in the pipeline, making ftps impossible. I was wondering what the reasoning behind this was.
@Frans Irgolitsch you are right, this solution with ftps needs to be investigated and tested. However right now it is also good idea for custom pipe. You can explore how easily you can write a new one Creating a custom pipe . Contact us in the case of questions!
Any update on this? Maybe have the user select ssl as an option instead of forcing it off?
We used the following custom solution, instead of creating a custom pipe:
Example bitbucket-pipelines.yml file:
- step: deployment-step image: bitbucketpipelines/ftp-deploy:0.3.6 script: - lftp -u "$FTP_USER,$FTP_PASSWORD" -e "set ftp:ssl-force true; set ftp:ssl-allow true; set ftp:ssl-protect-data true; mirror -vvv --exclude=some_exclude_file -R $BITBUCKET_CLONE_DIR /REMOTE_PATH;quit" $FTP_HOST - echo "Deployment finished"
This worked for us so far.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.