Refer to this https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver070/supported-platforms-749382629.html
It said that the Jira needs Oracle JDK / JRE (formerly Sun JDK / JRE) to run.
Now I cannot start the Jira successfully, and I am using the AdoptOpenJDK 11.0.7 OpenJ9 version.
Is that OpenJDK workful to start Jira andplugin development?
Or just Oracle JDK is permitted only?
Stop using AdoptOpenJDK, it doesn't support Jira 7. Go back to Oracle.
For plugin development, you can use either. But running Jira, you need to use a supportable JDK for that version.
If just running Jira with Oracle JDK, is that free?
If the plugin is for company use internal, is that free?
If using Jira by Docker, is that free?
Depends on the version of Oracle JDK.
Apps you write for server are up to you to charge for. Docker doesn't cost either.
I found this: https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/downloads/.
A note on OpenJDK
The Atlassian Plugin SDK currently supports AdoptOpenJDK 8. Other distributions such as Azul Zulu may cause issues.
It looks like AdoptOpenJDK 8 is okay for plugin development.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.