I understand that you can add administrators to a page however is it possible to change the owner of the page, I cannot locate this in settings.
There is no real owner.There is an author and users who have changed.Otherwise there are restrictions, who can do what on the site.
You can see that in the page information
Sure, to clarify my question then; can I change the author of a page?
Thanks
@Laura Sharp
The author cannot be changed with the standard resources of Confluence. This requires an intervention in the database.
I had the same problem. It's a problem which a lot of people have, but Atlassian doesn't seem to think it's important. Perhaps they don't understand the use case. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-7247
There needs to be an "owner" for each page separate from the creator/author. In general people will use this to assign responsibility for maintaining and updating the page.
It should be easy to change the owner for an individual page, or in a bulk way. Any individual should be able to easily get a list of all pages they own, so they'll know which ones to review regularly to keep up-to-date.
I found a workaround: Insert a task list on every page (In the + menu while editing). I put this at the bottom of the page so it's not distracting. Put one task in it, and insert a "User mention" in the task (also + menu), followed by whatever words you want, like "owner for keeping page updated".
Then, each user can go to their profile page and click the "Tasks" tab to see all the pages they own, with convenient links to go directly to them. Of course, you'd be leaving these tasks "always unfinished", although I suppose you could mark them finished when a page becomes obsolete and you permanently archive it just for historical reference.
This is not perfect since you can't do bulk ownership changes, but it's better than nothing.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.