Every time I try that using "Connect a custom email account", I get the error "unfortunately jira couldn't connect to the mail server".
We user Microsoft with no MFA. We are using JIRA cloud hence no access to logs either.
Please help.
Hello Rajeev,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Thank you for sharing the screenshot and details.
Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to make some questions:
Which port are you using?
Have you tried both IMAP and POP protocol? If so, does it show any other error?
Please, make sure that IMAP/POP is enabled on Outlook side.
There are some cases where special characters on the password cause this issue. Can you change the password and remove any special character?
After that, please, try to connect the custom email again.
Regards,Angélica
Hi @Angélica Luz Thank you for responding. I am looking into IMAP / POP protocol. Regarding special character, Our workplace requires special character in the password. So, not sure if we can change that.
Hello @Angélica Luz , I checked with IT. We are doing IMAP on port 143. and IMAP 143 is enabled.
Also @Angélica Luz I tried with a new user account. Password has no special character. Yet, I am seeing the same error. PLEASE please help me!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.