I want to replace word *Issue* with *Task*
<script type="text/javascript">window.onload = function() {document.getElementById("find_link").text = "Tasks";document.getElementById("find_link").addEventListener("click", function(){ setInterval(function() {document.getElementById("issues_new_search_link").childNodes[0].text = "Search for tasks";document.getElementById("issues_history_main").childNodes[0].innerText = "RECENT TASKS";document.getElementById("bulk_create_dd_link").childNodes[0].text = "Import Tasks from CSV";document.getElementById("filter_lnk_my").childNodes[0].text = "My open tasks";}, 600);});};</script>
Hi @Pushpkant Garg - No those are fixed and cannot be changed.
@John Funk - Actually it is possible. I have seen this and I had the documentation as well for the same. I am not able to find that document.
The risk with that customization is Atlassian stops the support because of the change in Source Code.
Correct, given you are on server, you can crack open the code and change the text. You will need to redo this effort following any upgrade of Jira. Also correct that you may not get support from Atlassian.
Yepp. Given the scenario by my management, I have to do this customization.
Part of me wants to delete this answer as it is a really really bad thing to do.
But it is an option if people need it. It's missing a lot of places though. Most places in Jira will still refer to "issue(s)"
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.