Hello Community
I search around for solution but had no luck with solution. Some that might have worked for others didn't work for me. I want to clear field value of Fix Verion on transition when issue is canceled. Do you have any solution that i can use? Thank you in advance.
Hi Marian, have you checked to see if the Fix Version field is an available option in the Clear field Post function for workflows?
Hi Marian,
I do this a lot with transitions going back to the Backlog or moving out of Done for some reason.
1. Edit the Workflow in question
2. Edit the Transition to Canceled
3. Edit the Post function on the Canceled transition
4. Add a new post function
5. Select Clear Field value
6. Select Fix versions
7. Save the change
8. Publish the workflow changes
Then you should be good to go!
yep that is my experience as well.
Hello Jack
I do not have this option to clear field in post function. I know this is option in JSU plug in but oob JIRA doesn't have it.
Hello Gents
I have only these option available in my post function. I do not have Fix version in there.
Is there a way to add this field?
By the way i am on server based instance not cloud.
Hi, @Marian Gebauer Out of the box, Jira 7 does not have a post-function to clear a system field. The JSU Server add-on has a post-function called "Clear Field Value (JSU)" which can be used to achieve this goal (see: https://confluence-apps.beecom.ch/display/JSU/Clear+Field+Value+Post-Function )
Download JSU here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/5048/jsu-automation-suite-for-jira-workflows?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
And if you need further assistance, you may create a ticket here: https://servicedesk-apps.beecom.ch/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/user/login?destination=portal%2F3
Hope this helps!
Ah, yes. I take that addon for granted as I have always had it enabled so don’t differentiate between OOTB.
Have you attempted “update issue field”? Does it give you the FV option?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.