I am a site admin for Confluence Cloud. I have a space that has lots of page restrictions and have been given the task of cleaning up the restrictions. I am in an admin group that has space admin rights on this space, and my name is also given in the individual rights as admin.
I can see the list of restricted pages, but when i click any of the padlocks I get redirected to the page in question and told that I should request access from the owner.
You don't have permission to view this page
Hit the request access button and we'll find someone who can give you access.
If the page is under a page which is locked then I dont even get that option.
You don't have permission to view this page
This is because it's inheriting restrictions from a parent page. A space admin or the person who shared this page may be able to give you access.
I have clicked on literally every locked page in the restricted pages list and it gives me the same No permission screen.
I dont expect to be able to see pages that are locked as an admin, but i do expect to be able to remove the restrictions, and right now, i cant. I have instead clicked on all the locks on all the pages that I can see in the restricted pages list and clicked 'request access'. Luckily, the user it goes to is still with the company otherwise we'd be in this 'solved' answer from a while back https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Why-would-a-full-admin-in-confluence-be-unable-to-see-a-page-due/qaq-p/332529
Now being able to see any sort of hierarchy in this restricted list is very frustrating, but not as frustrating as a feature that is clearly broken.