Hi,
in the settings of the space permission there is an "user" with the name "Chat Notifications". What is he good for and why is he in the standard space permission settings? I did not create this User and he does not appear in the admin settings.
It looks like it's related to Slack notifications, "there is a user called Chat Notifications that is responsible for the Slack integration."
Presumably if you remove this user from the space, then any related Slack notifications wouldn't work. (I haven't tested this.)
See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69882
I'd like to know this too....
Exactly, I would like to know too.
Up. I assume it has something to do with the Notifications here but it would be nice to have a detailed answer. Is this assumption right? What would or would not work anymore if we were to modify the permissons?
Does anyone know the answer yet? I'm working on a big migration from our on prem server apps to cloud versions. This is important to know for security and access reasons. Who is "chat" and why is that a default user with admin permissions to my projects?
No idea, but I tried removing it a couple of weeks ago and not spotted anything that has stopped working yet.
I got here after raising an issue with Confluence Cloud Support (which they helped solving).
As GW said in his reply, the "Chat Notification" user is required for the Confluence Slack notification to work.
(Note: I am not sure if this user is necessary for notifications of other non-Slack systems like Teams.)
Is there anyway to remove this from all spaces? I don't see any Slack apps, and we typically don't even use Slack. HUGE security concern if this was added across all of our spaces.
+1
This is extremely problematic - I am just testing confluence at the moment but the fact that they add slack with admin access - when we don't use slack and haven't requested it - is a huge red flag, security hole.
Also a user "analytics" well i dont need analytics for this project.
And I can't remove them without switching to paid - really?
Yes.
You can go to https://<yourbaseurl>/wiki/admin/permissions/space-permissions/allspaces and then click "Choose a user or group". In the next page, "Choose who to add or remove" , "Choose which spaces" ,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.