Hi,
I'm trying out JIRA SD and would like to set it up to respond to tickets sent in via email from service now.
Looking at the payload of inbound emails I would need to:
- Parse inbound emails to identify a "Ref:xxx" in their body for later use (maybe putting it in a JSD ticket field);
- Attach "Update Incident yyyy" emails as comments to the same JSD ticket that was created for "Incident yyyy" (i.e. go beyond matching just by JSD ticket ID in subject)
- Every reply to customer should inject the aforementioned "Ref:xxx" in the footer of the response email;
- Have the subject of replies to customers change slightly dependent on our servicedesk person wants (e.g. append "Accepted" etc)
I've been reading the documentation and forum posts and it seems like it may be a dead end for all the bullets above :-( I don't think that email processors/notification settings in vanilla JIRA can handle this sort of thing. Or am I missing something?
Is the only option the the use of JIRA API to programatically handle these exchanges between systems? (i.e. I will need to implement a custom integration service as there's no direct connection possible - only via their ESB)
Many thanks for any comments or pointers!