Concider the folowing sprint reports that were taken at the same point in time. The burn up chart shows that the team is ahead of schedule (line above the guideline) while the burn down chart shows that we are behind schedule(also line above the guideline). The scrum master wants to know what is the case?
Well the team was doing great until May 8 when someone churned your sprint and added 15 SP. nonetheless it looks like the team is doing well at the moment. The best time to assess the sprint is at the end.
A developer claims that he needed to redo some work because of unclear specifications. I suspect that we are now behind schedule. That is no big deal as long as good value is delivered. But what I don't understand is the fact that the line in both graphs are above the guideline. If we are behind schedule then I would have suspected the line above the guideline in the burndown chart (as it is now) and under the guideline in the burnup. But that is not the case. I'm confused by the burn up chart.
So my question boils down to: Why is the line above the guide line in both the burnup and in the burndown?
Is this a bug?
I just noticed that the burn up starts a day earlier than the burn down? I didn't change the start date. I made the screenshots right after each other. No one else was in office so that's weird.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.