Hi - I'm very new to JIRA so I apologise if the answer is simple to resolve.
I want to use Kanban to track a project through its implementation stages and to also track the tasks involved in each stage for each project. How I've initially decided to achieve this is by using an epic to signify a project. Then I can create subtasks under the epic as and when it is required.
I then want one board to show the subtasks/tasks which is put through a workflow/columns for the standard 'backlog -> in progress > completed'. But then I also want to have a board that solely shows the epic issues and there I should beable to visually see which stage of the implementation the project (epic) is at. The purpose is so that at a glance a user can see where all their projects are sitting whilst also managing the day to day tasks for each.
Currently I have the task board working as it should i.e. only tasks and subtasks appear and the columns/workflow is as it should be. The second board shows both the tasks AND the epics. Furthermore I've edited the columns in the board configuration to show Stage 1 to Stage 4.
My question is twofold. a) Can I remove the tasks from this board and solely show epics and b) is this hacky and likely to trip up other areas of the system?
Thanks,
Andrew