I have been using JIRA for our internal project management and software development for years, I am now looking to migrate our help desk to JIRA Service Desk from FreshService. I have been reading a lot about permissions and user management and I am still confused on the whole concept of an "Organization". I am a managed service provider and have several external customers. Here is my use case and questions.
Use Case
I have 2 customers, Acme Inc and Generic Inc and I create two separate service desk "projects", one for each customer.
Questions
1. When I create a service desk for Acme does it create an organization just for Acme?
2. I am assuming that when I set the customer permission to: "Other customers in their organization. This option only allows them to search for customers in their organization." that Acme will not be able to share OR SEE Generic Inc's tickets? Its important that each company cannot see each other tickets or share a ticket.
3. If the first two questions are No, does that mean an organization is my company "Risetime"?