Hello community!
Is there a way to bulk rename Sub-Tasks? When I clone an Issue all cloned Sub-Tasks are created with the prefix "CLONE -" I tried to bulk edit like this but nothing happens:
Thanks
Hi @Arnold Wender
Welcome to the community.
If you go to settings > system>general configuration >advanced setting > you can change the "jira.clone.prefix" from "Clone" to something else.
In your screen it look like you are updating the label field.
You can't rename the summary using he bulk update. You can try using some script (API or addon)
Hope this helps.
Hi Mohamed,
Oh I see, so, once I have cloned several Tasks (700) I can't bulk edit his prefix without a script? Is there any script you can recommend?
Thanks!
I will go with python, there is a jira module
https://jira.readthedocs.io/en/master/
I'm not a coding expert but i just test this and it's works :
from jira import JIRAjira_cloud = JIRA(basic_auth=(login,"API token"), options={'server': 'your URL'})issues_Jql = 'project = "your project"' #this is your JQLmy_issue = jira_cloud.search_issues(issues_Jql)for i in my_issue: i.update(summary = i.fields.summary[5:])
here the link to create your token for cloud :
https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/api-tokens-938839638.html
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.