is it possible to delete an issue while transitioning?
any postfunction or script postfunction?
i found that https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/latest/com/atlassian/jira/bc/issue/IssueService.html#delete%28com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User,%20com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.IssueService.DeleteValidationResult,%20com.atlassian.jira.event.type.EventDispatchOption,%20boolean%29
but i'm not really into groovy
That would be rather ugly, and I suspect it will fail (even if it doesn't, it'll throw a lot of errors as JIRA tries to do things with stuff you've just killed off)
I would move it to a listener - look for the event your transition fires and have the listener perform the delete after the transition has finished.
(Oh, and don't delete issues as a general rule, as you always end up with a user saying "I didn't mean it" and having to go find the backup tapes it might still be on. Or a bulky fine from a regulator for deliberately deleting audit data)
then i would need a jql included in the script, which gives me the issues that have to be deleted
could you give a example for a script like this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.