We've just switched one of our accounts over to a team account
and are wondering what you're recommended workflow is for private
repositories. I found this comment on the blog post announcing teams that
is very close to the workflow we'd like to use:
http://blog.bitbucket.org/2012/05/30/bitbucket-teams/#comment-584674368
Basically, what we want is for users to be able to fork into their own
accounts and have the team permissions added to those forks so that other
members of the team can view those repositories. We see that forks can be
created within the team account, but this becomes a bit of a problem with a
large number of repositories; if everyone creates a fork, that's another
5-15 repositories per master repository. Considering that we're starting
with ~60 repositories, that can get out of hand really quickly and can
create a lot of chaff to sift through when looking for a specific
repository.
The other thing that gets a little messy is code reviews. If I fork a
private repository into my personal account and make a pull request, either
no one can view the pull request or I go over my plan limit. If I fork
into the team account, that means we need a separate mechanism for pull
requests/code reviews, which is a bit of an inconvenience.