I have a dashboard structure. I enabled the "Parent-link" column which works fine to print out initiatives. In the structure is shows the Parent-link"Foobar-13875 - Initiative Name FOO"Is there a way to have this structure parent-link for the initiative just show"Initiative Name FOO" ? Trying to do this to conserve table space on the screen.
Hi Brent,
If you are talking about Structure for Jira columns, then you can use the Formula column with a formula PARENT{summary} to conserve space.
Regards,Egor Tasa
ALM Works
Hi
That makes sense but I had trouble.I hit the "+" on the column header to add the new field formula.
For the variables selection I tried many different options from the list. (summary, parent-link, parent, ...).I tried this same formula for PARENT{description} or summary, ... and several other formulas but nothing shows up in that field.The Parent-link field comes up fine but the parent summary sitting next to it is blank.The syntax passes.Thanks for any assistance.
This is strange, and we'll probably best troubleshoot it through support channel. Can you write to support@almworks.com so that we can request various logs and troubleshooting actions?
Regards,Egor
I am going to post the resolution here so that community know the outcome. Parents of the issues were not present in the structure. There is an ambiguity: Structure understands parent as an issue that is present in a structure, while linked issues may have parents outside the structure and Parent Link field is showing them. The solution to the original problem was to parse Parent Link using a formula to show only the description.
Is this a way to access (in formula) any properties of any Jira Issue by Key?
Not an answer, but a similar question so I'm posting it instead Hope that's allowed!I'm on cloud, and I have a list of epics in my structure.
we have configured 'initiatives' called E2E-epics which can parent an epic through a Parent Link.I can successfully retrieve the parentlink in a column formula, successfully printing the summary of the parent.However, just typing 'parentlink' in my formula does not seem to retrieve any object, as I am not able to 'search' on parentlink.xxx or anything.What I'm interested in for my goal, is to show the implemented by linked issue of the parentlink of an epic. But if I cannot seem to locate the parentlink object, it seems an impossible task. Am I correct?NB: the level above epic is not shown in the Structure.
@Marijn Plat to avoid creating potentially confusing references and suggesting solutions that might not work on Cloud, please reach out to us directly through our support portal to discuss your use-case in more details.Best regards,Stepan KholodovTempo
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.