I'm attempting to integrate pypi-publish into my build pipelines.
I already had pipelines running for testing and building my python package into a wheel and pyz file.
When I add
script:
- python -m pip install tox
- tox -e pyz
- pipe: atlassian/pypi-publish:0.2.13
variables:
PYPI_USERNAME: $PYPI_USER
PYPI_PASSWORD: $PYPI_PASSWORD
DISTRIBUTIONS: 'bdist_wheel'
REPOSITORY: 'https://test.pypi.org/legacy/'
<span>I get an error for Operation not permitted</span>
<span>running bdist_wheel</span><span><br>running build</span><span><br>running build_py</span><span><br>running egg_info</span><span><br>writing src/pyaware.egg-info/PKG-INFO<br></span><span>writing dependency_links to src/pyaware.egg-info/dependency_links.txt<br></span><span>writing requirements to src/pyaware.egg-info/requires.txt<br></span><span>writing top-level names to src/pyaware.egg-info/top_level.txt</span><span><br>reading manifest file 'src/pyaware.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'</span><span>reading manifest template '<a href="http://manifest.in/" target="_blank" rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer">MANIFEST.in</a>'<br></span><span>warning: no files found matching '*.json' under directory 'src/pyaware'</span>
<span>warning: no previously-included files matching '__pycache__' found under directory 'src'</span><span><br>warning: no previously-included files matching '.idea' found under directory 'src'<br></span><span>warning: no files found matching '.git' under directory 'src'</span>
<span>writing manifest file 'src/pyaware.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'</span><span><br>error: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: 'build/lib/pyaware/examples/I33.yaml'<br></span><span>✖ Failed to build distributions</span><span>INFO: Building distributions: ['bdist_wheel']<br></span>
I then removed my examples folder containing the yaml file and I hit the same problem elsewhere in my project
<span>writing manifest file 'src/pyaware.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'</span><span>error: <br>[Errno 1] Operation not permitted: 'build/lib/pyaware/devices/ampcontrol/ipb.yaml'<br></span><span>✖ Failed to build distributions</span><span>warning: no files found matching '.git' under directory 'src'<br></span>
I tried changing from tox to setup.py to check if there was some weird thing going on there
script:
- python setup.py bdist_wheel
- pipe: atlassian/pypi-publish:0.2.13
variables:
PYPI_USERNAME: $PYPI_USER
PYPI_PASSWORD: $PYPI_PASSWORD
DISTRIBUTIONS: 'bdist_wheel'
REPOSITORY: 'https://test.pypi.org/legacy/'
<span>The setup.py bdist_wheel build worked successfully but the pypi-publish failed in the same way.</span>
<span>Anyone have some insights?</span>