I just want to know before I start building a front end form if something like that already exists. I don't want to end up building something that I didn't need to do.
Jira Service Desk has a web portal. It's not exactly wildly customizable in terms of look and feel, but does allow you to showcase a knowledgebase from Confluence (if you have one) and allow end users / customers to submit tickets.
How do I access that? I feel like I'm looking in the wrong spot. If it is the one that requires login I want to try and avoid that.
Project Settings > Portal Settings
and
Project Settings > Customer Permissions
There's only one, and whilst you can configure it to not need a login I think, that would essentially open it up to everyone on the web.
The idea is to only link to the page inside of our own system where our people are already logged in, but I understand what you mean and the risk associated with someone finding the portal.
You can use the Widget feature and embed the JavaScript code into you current web page. This allows the customer to open an issue by simply clicking on a help icon. It allows for basic forms. See this article for more - embed-a-widget-onto-a-web-page
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.