Hi, I have Confluence (7.3.4) and Jira (8.8.0 and Service Desk) with a "Jira User Server" configured in Jira that Confluence is using.
IF I use Service desk linked documents (by searching for help in the customer portal) then I can see embedded documents in SD, and if I click a link to a related document I am taken to confluence and am fully logged in (can edit my profile etc.). I can go back to Jira Core and use the app navigator to go back to Confluence and I am logged in.
However, if I (logout of everything) first login to Jira Core and use the application navigator to get to Confluence then Confluence prompts me for a username/password. I am using an external auth provider (SAML from Reichert) on Jira to create the users. So users don't have a Jira password, so they cannot login with username/password.
Should the application navigator take me to a logged in Confluence? The app links are using "OAuth (impersonation)" in both directions from both apps.
(I don't think the SAML makes any significant difference to the functionality. All it does is create users in Jira's internal directory, users who don't know their passwords!)