When I first started using Confluence in July of last year, if I used a .gif in my blog, they would play in the editor, in the published version, and even in the email inbox for watchers.
A few months ago, the .gif's stopped playing in the editor and the inbox, but they still played in the published version, so I didn't worry too much.
Today, though, I noticed that the blog I sent yesterday isn't playing the .gif even in the published version.
Because of the nature of my work, I clear cache/cookies weekly, and I quit all programs and restart my computer daily. If you have any other advice for troubleshooting my device, I'm all ears!
I am using a VPN to connect to my company's network since we're all working remotely these days, though the issue seems to be consistent across my team.
Any insight is most welcome! We mainly use .gif's for fun, so it's not a crucial issue for us, but I wanted to raise the flag since it has progressed, and in case this was a wider-spread behavior affecting other customers.
I know it's not necessarily a bug, so if you have any troubleshooting steps I can take to rule out my device/network/browser, let me know! Thank you!!