I want one Multi select list custom field that will be visible to all Projects. However, the selections in the field must be limited to values determined for that project only. How can I do this?
You can define multiple Configuration Schemes for the custom field by selecting the custom field's "Configure" option, then "Add new context". From there you can specify a distinct set of values, and apply that context to the relevant project(s).
Context.
Every custom field in JIRA has a context. The context says "this field appears for project X and/or issue type Y", and you can apply many contexts to a single field (look for the "add context" button in the list of custom fields).
Once you've set a new context, you can change the list of options for each context.
Thank you so much! That was what I needed. So simple now, but I just didn't get that out of the documentation.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.