We're trying to automate our onboarding tasks using JSD.
Most tasks are dealt with by internal service desk agents. There are a handful of tasks that need to be performed by external (i.e. non IT) personnel; i.e. creating a physical building access badge, provisioning access to a system not controlled by IT.
These events need to be audited for request / response to / from the relevant person inside the business.
In our old Zendesk, we would simply copy everybody on the ticket and wait for them to respond. I was hoping to make this more streamlined in JSD but am struggling.
We have the sub-tasks being created, but obviously cannot assign without making people an Agent. Using up a license for somebody that needs to respond to a ticket once every few months seems like a waste.
I have considered adding them as a Watcher, or a Participant, but need the sub-task to send out a pre-formatted email request that the person can respond to and have that response logged against the sub-task.
I feel like the only way to do that is to add them as Assignee, which brings us back around to licensing up (and giving more access than necessary) to non-IT personnel.
Am I missing a workflow idea, or is this the only way? How are other people dealing with these scenarios ?